Unite Families - Fight For Love (UFFFL)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legal position - originally posted by "BritCit"

3 posters

Go down

Legal position - originally posted by "BritCit" Empty Legal position - originally posted by "BritCit"

Post  Khrissy3000 Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:02 pm

My laymans view is that there is no way the new rules are legal.

1) placing a price on love, where the price does not reflect the cost of living or min threshold needed to ensure benefits are not accessed

2) closing off the route to parents of those resident in or citizens of UK. While the government will say its not closed off, only the very needy get in, the criteria is actually such that no one will meet the criteria (not one politician out of about 20 I have written to, including Cameron, may, green, clegg, my local MP, Vaz have been able to give me a single example of when someone will meet the criteria). To my mind, it's not unreasonable for examples or case studies to be given, when rules are changed especially so dramatically. It is completely unreasonable to have a criteria where you can't even show that it can be met by anyone.

The rules are clearly discriminatory as in both cases they are keeping immediate families apart and in the second case, blatantly racist..I.e. if you are a migrant then your parents aren't welcome..essentially forcing you to leave the country because at some point you will need to be close to your parents.

Is there anyone who is a lawyer who is willing to take this government to court? I know in my bones that they will lose because the rules have clearly not been thought through.

Khrissy3000
Admin

https://ufffl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Legal position - originally posted by "BritCit" Empty Re: Legal position - originally posted by "BritCit"

Post  Elbe Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:45 pm

I don't know if this helps in any way but there is a radical lawyer named Gareth Peirce. He is very high profile and takes on some of the most controversial immigration and 'terrorism' cases, and obviously he's very left wing and helps out some of the most vulnerable people in society. If we are email bombing people it might be worth sending a few his way...

Last edited by Elbe on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong name)

Elbe

Back to top Go down

Legal position - originally posted by "BritCit" Empty Gareth Peirce

Post  GuyT Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:06 am

Hi, just a word on Gareth Peirce. She (yes, a woman called Gareth) is not an immigration solicitor. You can see more about her here on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gareth_Peirce So, she is brilliant, busy and doesn't need contact over an issue she is not expert in!

There are a number of good immigration lawyers and many of them are working on finding challenges to the rules introduced in july. One, Raza Husain, is speaking on the subject at JCWI's AGM in London on 26 November. Raza works at Matrix Chambers.

Other Barristers are listed here: http://www.immigration-barristers.co.uk/

GuyT

Back to top Go down

Legal position - originally posted by "BritCit" Empty Re: Legal position - originally posted by "BritCit"

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum