Unite Families - Fight For Love (UFFFL)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UKBA is a pain to all....

3 posters

Go down

UKBA is a pain to all.... Empty UKBA is a pain to all....

Post  alandamper Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:10 am

Here is a story today. A London University that can't get a straight answer out of the UKBA and it's costing students and the university big time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-19411651

Theresa May and Damian Greene are utterly useless.

The only good thing is that more and more people realise just how ridiculous the immigration rules are.

alandamper

Back to top Go down

UKBA is a pain to all.... Empty The downward spiral

Post  Khrissy3000 Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:34 am

Thanks for this Alan,

It just proves the negative effect that these new rules are having on our universities and also our economy.

They are so determined to reduce immigration, they fail to see the bigger picture.

They should have an uncapped student visa system, they should be making is easy for the chinese to get visit visas, they should be promoting marriage, no matter what country someone is from, all these will have a positive effect on society and the economy.

They deceive the public for political benefit, I will be ready to critise May and Green, every article I find.

Khrissy3000
Admin

https://ufffl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

UKBA is a pain to all.... Empty UKBA failure...

Post  alandamper Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:28 pm

The UKBA today revoked the university licence...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-19419395

In that article Damian Green justifies why the action was taken. It will result in bad publicity worldwide and damage the UK's education system.

Even if there were such irregularities students without visas could have been removed - I'm quite ok with punishing real visa abusers - and the whole institution placed under a temporary adminstration whilst the owners/directors were investigated. If the Government can take over a failing bank why not a university for the sake of the students, most of whom are not implicated,

UKBA said it was working to provide alternative university places. What about teaching and administrative staff who now will be out of work, local people relying on income from supplying accommodation for the students?

This university had Highly Trusted Status (HTS) which was granted a few years ago after weeding out a number of clearly bogus education colleges were found to be operating to allow students to work or do what they want whilst providing certificates of attendance that were false.

Language schools close to my home spent a fortune gaining HTS. If a university with HTS is now being accused by the UKBA of such failures it begs the question of did UKBA even look properly at this university in the first place? Surely after spending a lot of money getting HTS it wouldn't throw accreditation away by subsequently 'going bad'.

The suffering of genuine current and prospective students attending London Metropolitan University together with its staff could well be laid at the UKBA's own door. The least they could do it allow the university to continue whilst dealing with those who have allegedly broken the law on an individual basis.

alandamper

Back to top Go down

UKBA is a pain to all.... Empty UKBA "Rewriting the rules"

Post  alandamper Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:47 pm

Sky news article this morning quotes...

"Professor Malcolm Gillies, vice chancellor at London Metropolitan University, said the claims were not "particularly cogent" and said it would be disputing them.
He said: "I would go so far as to say that the UK Border Agency has been rewriting its own guidelines on this issue and this is something which should cause concern to all universities in the UK." "

UKBA rewriting things? Surely not!

"Immigration minister Damian Green said there had been a "serious systematic failure" at the university."

"Emmanuel Egwu, international students’ officer at the university, was one of the many students angered by the decision. He was granted a visa to study at the university in 2009 and is in the final year of his course.
"I pay a lot of money. I've spent £30,000 to 40,000 in tuition fees - my parents sell properties and land to make sure they can pay my fees so what's going to happen to people like me," he told Sky News.

See my previous post - surely if the allegations are true it's the UKBA that's failed. UKBA should compensate with financial and emotional damages all genuine students, staff and local accommodation businesses for granting a Highly Trusted Status HTS licence to London Metropolitan University in the first place.

alandamper

Back to top Go down

UKBA is a pain to all.... Empty "Rewriting Rules" ....

Post  TLCLM Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:30 am

Once again Home Office and May/Green/Cameron see a problem and instead of thinking and acting in a way the is best for the people of Britian (which they are paid to do),
they slam the door down and cut off every one without thought.
This is not going to solve anything at all, it is going to cause more problems, more costs in court because of the people fighting Home Office rulings.
By swaying from one end of how they run things to the far spectrum this makes them look in a panic and as they don't know what they are doing.
They are not looking good to British voters, to foreign investors or to the wrold.
They better start thinking about rewriting these rules, but actually think about what they are doing and actually follow proper procedure to get the rules approved (they did not follow proper procedure when they brought these new rules into force)
Take away their power.... how can we do that?
TLCLM
TLCLM

Back to top Go down

UKBA is a pain to all.... Empty Procedures

Post  alandamper Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:44 am

Yes, that's the point May/Green do NOT follow legal procedures. They don't play fair.

I believe the original plan under the 1971 Immigration Act was that the proposed new rules are 'laid' before both Houses of Parliament for 40 days when Parliament is sitting. If no member of either House raises an objection THEN the rules come into force. When the Supreme Court ruled against May on 18th July the Home Office put the documents in to Parliament and claimed they were in force from 20th July. Because the Commons rose for recess on 22nd July I think they can't enforce those new rules (not the FM ones unfortunately) until 37 days after Parliament starts on 3rd September. Theresa May must know that..hmm..maybe not as she studied geography and is the ideal 'dumb' Home Secretary that will do what the advisers say but if/when the time comes she'll carry the can.

alandamper

Back to top Go down

UKBA is a pain to all.... Empty When I said not followed proper procedure.....

Post  TLCLM Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:45 am

When I said that May didn't follow proper procedure, this is what I meant .....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2012/jul/18/supreme-court-immigration-rules

TLCLM
TLCLM

Back to top Go down

UKBA is a pain to all.... Empty Re: UKBA is a pain to all....

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum